Corned beef and cabbage is a classic Irish dish and is most often enjoyed during St. Patrick's Day, it is considered an essential March recipe by many home cooks. Thanks to the pressure cooker it gives you a fall-apart, tender texture. The vegetables cook separately from the beef in the cooking liquid, which seasons them perfectly. What used to take about 8 hours to make can now be done under 2 hours.
This week we used our 14 QT Pressure Cooker to create this recipe: The outer body is stainless-steel with cool touch handles. The gasket sealed lid is self-locking. It has 12 presets to help make cooking easier. You can steam, rice, multigrain, porridge, and saute. You can make soup, meat, stew, beans, chili, poultry, yogurt, eggs, and slow cook.
3 lb corned beef (point cut)
1 onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic, roughly cut
12 oz. Guinness stout
2 cups beef broth
3-4 med carrots, peeled & halved
2-3 med potatoes, peeled & quartered
1 head cabbage, cut into 8th's
1 tbsp pickling spice mix
1. Add garlic & onion to inner pot
2. Place beef fat side down
3. Pour beer & broth over beef. Sprinkle Pickling spices over beef
4. Lock pressure cooker lid & seal. Cook on high pressure for 90 min, then let pressure naturally release for 15 mins.
5. Remove beef & set aside - over with aluminum foil
6. Add carrots, potatoes, and cabbage, stir to coat in the juice. Lock the lid and seal. Select the "Vegetable" preset. Do a quick release when cooking is completed.
7. Slice brisket against grain. Serve with vegetables and drizzle of juice. Serve with crusty bread.
Stay tuned for Friday's blog post: We will be creating an egg roll recipe using leftovers from this recipe!
Looking for more Pressure Cooker inspired recipes? Check out this recipe blog: Bangers and Mash In Your Pressure Cooker
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.