This Irish bangers recipe is fairly easy to make and will be a big hit! Bangers and Mash is the familiar term for Sausage and Mash, a favorite British and Irish dish.
The name 'bangers' dates back to the early 20th century, during the time of World War I. Sausages were seen as a popular dish for the British working class, however, after the outbreak of the war, meat was in seriously short supply. In order to continue production and to get by on what meat they did have, cheap fillers and a high amount of water were used in the sausages which caused them to pop and explode in the cooking pan, giving them the name “bangers.”
This week we used our new 9.5 Quart Ovate Series Pressure Cooker to create this recipe. This is an all-in-one pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, egg maker, sauté pan, yogurt maker, steamer, and warmer.
Here is what you will need:
5-8 sausage links
3 oz Guinness stout
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup Guinness Stout
1 cup beef broth
3 russet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup cream
2 dollops sour cream
1 cup water
1. Layer water, mesh rack (or wire rack), then potatoes into the inner pot of the pressure cooker. Lock lid and cook on high for 10 minutes. Remove from pot and drain water.
2. In separate bowl, mash potatoes with cream, butter, and sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Return inner pot to pressure cooker and select the Saute function. Heat the oil. Add sausages and brown for 8 minutes, flipping halfway and adding stout.
4. Lower saute temperature and cook for another 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove sausages.
5. Melt butter, then add onions and garlic, cooking until brown. Add flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add stout to deglaze the pot. Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer until no longer foamy.
7. Plate in order - mashed potatoes, 2 sausage links, gravy drizzle.
8. Pair with peas if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for more Pressure Cooker inspired recipes? Check out this recipe blog: 3 Course Meal: Pressure Cooker Edition
We appreciate every one of our customers and hope you found this post helpful with getting more familiar with your GoWISE USA Products. And don’t forget to share your experiences and creations with our products using the #GoWISEUSA on all of our social channels or join our GoWISE Creations community on Facebook.
Thank you - https://gowiseproducts.com/blogs/gowise-blog/3-course-meal-pressure-cooker-edition