How to Make Apple Cider in the Pressure Cooker
6 red apples
2 1/2 cups (or more) filtered water
Zest and juice of an orange, strained
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1-inch chunk fresh ginger, sliced
2 cinnamon sticks
7 whole cloves
1. Add 6 Apples, cored and quartered, into a blender or food processor.
2. Add a 2 1/2 cups of water, a little bit at a time. Blend well
3. Strain out the large chunks - you should have between 4 and 6 cups of juice.
4. Strain again, and again
5. Add the zest and juice of one orange, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup real maple syrup, sliced ginger, 2 cinnamon sticks, 7 whole cloves
6. Set pressure cooker to Saute for 20 minutes or, until mixture begins to boil.
7. Once mixture begins boiling, seal the pressure cooker. Using the Manual function, set to High Pressure and cook for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.